Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It is so much fun to watch Elleri during this special time. She still isn't quite old enough to grasp the concept of what Christmas is. She just likes the tree, the lights, the toys of course and playing with cousins.

We look forward to next year when she'll understand a little more that it is Jesus' birthday especially since we have a birthday cake for Him every year. It is a Hayes' family tradition which I love so much.

We typically make the drive to both Savannah & Waycross but decided to do just Savannah this year since we did Waycross for Thanksgiving. There was good & bad of course from that decision. I didn't get to see most of my family on Christmas but I didn't have to spend a majority of time on the road with a 21 month old. My parents were thankfully able to make it over to visit us on Christmas eve which was nice. They brought my niece Payton.

Not sure what we will do next year with Elleri who will be 2 1/2 and then Baby Boy Hayes who will be 8 months. We might have to start making our own family traditions at home. We'll figure that out when the time comes.

No comments: