Friday, March 19, 2010

Reminder of a Miracle

I haven't blogged in a while. I apologize. I've been busy and then the times I do have a moment to blog I'll be honest, I just don't want to. Yesterday and today have started off a little rough for me so I'm hoping that blogging and recognizing the blessings in my life will help give me perspective. While on the way to take Elleri to her sitter's house, I was almost ran off the road by an insane driver. What makes this situation worse was that he was doing this intentionally. Scared me to death - not just for me but for Elleri who was sitting innocently in the back seat. I quickly went from scared to full on rage. I was so mad that he almost hit me and that I felt he was purposely trying to do me harm. I just didn't (and still don't) understand. I thought on several occasions yesterday (Elleri's 1st birthday mind you) how blessed I am to be alive, to be a mom, to be a wife, to be a child of God and so much more. Things/people can be taken away in seconds. To turn things around and be a bit more positive - Elleri turned 1 yesterday. Crazy right? A year has come and gone. She has grown so much. Getting her 4th tooth, only days away from taking her first step and babbling away. No words yet - just noise but she is trying. What a year?


This morning was a little better but I just didn't want to wake up. Adam watches Elleri in the morning while I either get a little more sleep or go to the gym. This morning was a sleep day. When he has to go to work it is my turn but I just wasn't prepared this morning. She was in full force - like she has sipped on coffee all night and has tons of energy. I've had some impatient mommy moments which I'm not proud of but at least I recognize and am trying to improve. It is going to be a beautiful day. Hope to get out and do some things and turn this day around.

No comments: